Summer Projects Are For Suckers



Welp...., I guess some of my summer projects won't be completed this summer!

I first read this particular article around Easter time! Searching for a creative outlet I thought, "Now this is a fabulous idea! I'll make the buttermilk mixture, and I'll paint it on rocks, and on garden statues, and I'll spell out moss words on walls, and....................



How to Grow Moss with Buttermilk


147Found This Helpful


How to Grow Moss with Buttermilk thumbnail
Green moss brightens shady areas.
Growing moss on surfaces such as rocks, statuary or the ground lends a cool, refreshing look to otherwise barren shade areas. Moss can also be grown on statuary or porous containers to add a vintage, antiqued effect. The acidic nature of buttermilk provides an ideal medium for growing moss in the garden and helps bind it to the surface during growth. You can even spell out words or childrens' names for a whimsical, mossy remembrance.


COULD IT GET ANY EASIER?!
Yes...it could. The buttermilk and moss could have 
just jumped into the blender 
and painted itself on various statuaries.


I didn't even buy the buttermilk until Flag Day. During the last week of August Kevin says to me that I had better toss that container of buttermilk because it's ready to explode! Note Expiration Date



Maybe NEXT summer my vision of mossy 

little stone men in my garden will be a reality.

(Yeah, and maybe I'll make a Kale smoothie before it wilts to a fare-thee-well in my fridge.)



ANOTHER UNFINISHED PROJECT

I believe in giving credit where credit is due.  Thank you Rusty and Mrs. Lucille Nussbaum for burning off swaths of my lawn with your nuclear strength urine!

 
Recreation - Bunnell lawn AFTER daschunds 

Early in the spring planting season I decided to stop fretting and finally do something about this shameful condition.  Off I went to Lowe's!  

PatchMaster!

Sounds so powerful, manly and "in charge"

JUST LOOK AT THE DIFFERENCE A LITTLE HARD WORK
AND PATCH MASTER CAN MAKE!
(JK)

Not surprisingly, PATCHMASTER did not take charge.  
Apparently I was supposed to be the master of my patch.
The bag remained unopened on my porch until Labor Day.  
 A daily reminder that I am not
the master of this particular domain.
The bare patch remains.


I think I'll go for the South Western Look Next Year.


But, DAMN!  It Was a Wonderful Summer!
 I accomplished my important goals. 
Laughing
Swimming
Playing
With my Family and Friends.



























Fuck the lawn!

Comments

Post a Comment