(ROAD) KILL JOY



This weekend's road trip was awash in sightings of God's glorious creatures. Sadly, most were in some state of decomposition. By the 8th dead deer I became numb to the gristle and gore.
                                              ROAD KILL COUNT

                          TOTAL MILEAGE: 260 MILES


DEER: 12 - That comes out to .046 deers per mile. Or a thigh and an ear.

POSSUMS (or raccoons) : 3  This proves that smaller targets get hit less often.

UNIDENTIFIED SMASH-UP of fur and liquids: 8.  This is evidence that people are driving waaaay too fast down route 17.

CAT: 1.  ITS A START

DOG:  0  Because dogs are superior animals and their owners are more conscientious than the dead cat's owner.


ON THE FLIP SIDE  - INTERESTING LIVING ANIMALS

I have never before seen a baby squirrel. In 24 hours I saw 3!  ALIVE! 
Maybe it's a sign. Maybe they're just too adorable and plucky to be mowed down in their childhood. I don't know. But I do know that they are freakin' cute.

A BALD EAGLE SOARING JUST PAST THE ROSCOE DINER!
HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY! HUG A VETERAN TODAY. 
(I did)

Comments

Post a Comment